707 Wilshire Boulevard, 46th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
220 Montgomery Street, Suite 1411
San Francisco, CA 94104
1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 500
Washington, District of Columbia 20036
Phone: (213) 955-9500 (Ext. 1160)
Fax: (213) 955-9511
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Court: Central District
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Ninth Circuit
- “Fundamentals of Ethics (When Belts and Suspenders May be Appropriate,” panelist, 2016 NAMWOLF Annual Meeting (Houston).
- “True Grit and Growth Mindset – Secrets of Success,” panelist, webinar, Women’s Leadership Network of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, August 2015.
- “Indemnification Agreement and Indemnification,” panelist, 2012 NAMWOLF Annual Meeting
- “Right of Way Case Law Updates,” panelist, Law Seminars International, November 2001.
Sandy Sakamoto specializes on business, real estate and financial transactions. Her experience includes real estate development, build-to-suit office facilities, acquisitions, dispositions, leases, and commercial loans. Ms. Sakamoto also represents energy utilities in acquisition of renewable power. As a relationship partner, she supervises various business and employment litigation matters for major clients.
In addition, Ms. Sakamoto has experience on a wide variety of commercial and tort litigation, cell site licensing, telecommunications operations, and issues involving easements and public rights-of-way. Ms. Sakamoto worked very closely with clients in the formulation of successful business and legal strategies to overcome regulatory obstacles to place new fiber-based technologies in public rights-of-way and to challenge municipalities seeking to regulate exempted utility operations. She also has advised on environmental compliance and public utility affiliate transactions.
Prior to joining LimNexus, Ms. Sakamoto served as General Attorney and Assistant General Counsel for a global Fortune 50 telecommunications company in charge of its Los Angeles regional law department.
Ms. Sakamoto is based in Los Angeles.
- Represented a major power utility in personal injury litigation and trial regarding utility operations.
- Represent financial arm of a major auto maker in commercial real estate loans
- Analyzed and advised on UCC filings for 100+ commercial loans for the financial services arm of major auto maker.
- Represented the U.S. financing arm of a global automaker in regards to real estate and construction loans aggregating more than $90 million for acquisition and development of dealerships.
- Represented a major university in the negotiation and drafting of a lease renewal for 140,000 square foot commercial building for research and development purposes.
- Represented a major bank in the pursuit of $24 million in claims against a major downtown developer and affiliated entities.
- Represented a developer in the assumption of a $78 million loan in connection with the purchase of a regional shopping center.
- Represented a major energy utility in a real estate transaction to acquire mitigation properties in connection with a major transmission line project.
- Advised major energy utility on risk mitigation in the structuring of a complex financial transaction involving a developer of biofuel for energy generation.