707 Wilshire Boulevard, 46th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
220 Montgomery Street, Suite 1411
San Francisco, CA 94104
1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 500
Washington, District of Columbia 20036
Phone: (415) 619-3320 (Ext. 1005)
Fax: (213) 955-9511
Woojae Kim focuses on international arbitration as well as complex cross-broader litigation, especially cases involving Korean clients. Mr. Kim’s experience includes representing clients in matters involving construction disputes, investor-state disputes, post-M&A disputes and disputes arising from failed financial and/or license agreements.
Prior to joining LimNexus, Mr. Kim was a senior associate in two of Korea’s largest firms – Bae Kim & Lee LLC and Lee & Ko – for six years, and he also worked as a judicial officer for three years. Mr. Kim recently earned his LL.M degree from Stanford Law School.
Mr. Kim is based in San Francisco.
- Represented major construction companies and owners in International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”), Singapore International Arbitration Center (“SIAC”), London Court of International Arbitration (“LCIA”) and Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (“KCAB”) arbitration proceedings in connection with major construction projects in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Australia.
- Represented a Korean dental implant company in an ICC arbitration in respect of a failed convertible bond agreement.
- Represented a Singaporean software company in an ICC arbitration in respect of a failed software license agreement.
- Represented an Israeli defense company in a KCAB arbitration in respect of a failed purchase agreement for a radar system.
- Represented the Korean Government in the first ICSID arbitration against the Korean government, defending against US$ 5 billion claims asserted by Lone Star Funds.
- Represented a major Korean construction company in an ad hoc investment treaty arbitration against the Libyan government.
- Represented various Korean companies in Korean court proceedings involving enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and/or foreign court judgments.