707 Wilshire Boulevard, 46th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
220 Montgomery Street, Suite 1411
San Francisco, CA 94104
1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 500
Washington, District of Columbia 20036
Phone: (415) 619-3320 (Ext. 1001)
Fax: (213) 955-9511
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- SIAC, Getting the Deal Through, Global Arbitration Review, Arbitration 2011
- SIAC, Getting the Deal Through, Global Arbitration Review, Arbitration 2012
- Development in International Arbitration and Mediation at the KCAB, Korean Arbitration Review, Inaugural Edition
- Conference Reports – IBA Arbitration Day, Ex officio powers and jura novit curia, Arbitration News, Newsletter of the International Bar Association Legal Practice Division, Vol 16, No 2, September 2011
- Reconfirming continued support for the autonomy of arbitrations: recent developments in Korea, Arbitration News, Newsletter of the International Bar Association Legal Practice Division, Vol 16, No 1, March 2011
Shinhong Byun’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and international arbitration. Ms. Byun has represented clients in cross-border litigation, cross-border insolvency matters, shipping, shipbuilding insurance and reinsurance, insurance recovery and policy enforcement, employment discrimination, white collar criminal cases and independent investigations.
Before joining LimNexus, Ms. Byun worked at Kim & Chang in Seoul, Korea. She subsequently obtained her LL.M. in Admiralty at Tulane University Law School. While in New Orleans, Ms. Byun clerked for the Hon. Lynn Luker, Judge Pro Tempore, Orleans Parish Civil District Court, and externed for the Hon. Susie Morgan, United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana.
Ms. Byun is based in our San Francisco office.
- Represented a large Korean insurance company in an international arbitration involving reinsurance of guarantees for Korean shipbuilding companies.
- Represented a Korean conglomerate in a cross-border dispute involving a wrongful death action under the Jones Act.
- Represented various protection and indemnity clubs in vessel collisions, insolvency claims and cross-border disputes.
- Represented a large shipping company in a dispute against a foreign bunker supplier for defective supply.
- Represented foreign creditors in rehabilitation proceedings in Korea.
- Represented a large public company in employment discrimination and whistleblower cases.
- Represented high-profile clients in defamation and criminal matters.