Lisa J. Yang
1055 West Seventh Street, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
47 Kearny Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (213) 955-9500 (Ext. 128)
Fax: (213) 955-9511
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Courts: Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Ninth Circuit
- “Discovery in the US Courts – What to Expect,” presented to the International Association of Korean Lawyers, 2010.
- “Community Collaborations to Serve Asian/Pacific Islander Communities,” presented to the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, 2010.
- “Disclosure of Court Documents,” presented to the Korean Bar Association, 2009.
- “The Role of Lawyers in a Global Society,” presented to the International Association of Korean Lawyers, 2009.
Lisa Yang’s practice focuses on business litigation. In addition to handling complex commercial and contract disputes, Ms. Yang has significant experience with the defense of employment discrimination claims, wage and hour litigation, contests for corporate control, investment fraud, and commercial landlord-tenant disputes. Her practice spans both state and federal courts.
Ms. Yang is known as an effective communicator who earns the respect of her clients and opposing counsel through frank and firm advocacy. Ms. Yang speaks and reads Korean fluently. Her communication skills and sensitivity to cultural issues have helped her advocate for a diverse group of clients, including major U.S. corporations, the Republic of Korea, foreign corporations with business dealings in the United States, nonprofit religious entities, elderly victims of World War II atrocities and Korean War veterans.
Ms. Yang has served as the President of the Korean American Bar Association of Southern California and a board member of the Center for the Pacific American Family. She currently serves as the Chair of the International Association of Korean Lawyers, Overseas Chapter.
Ms. Yang is based in Los Angeles.
- Defended employers from claims of wage and hour violations, sex, age, or national origin discrimination, and wrongful termination.
- Defended the Republic of Korea in a commercial claim for over $200 million, resulting in a dismissal.
- Represented plaintiff in action involving cross-border investment fraud claims in excess of $12 million, resulting in full recovery.
- Defended breach of contract and fraud claims in connection with cross-border supply contracts.
- Defended wrongful death and premises liability claims.
- Represented plaintiffs in numerous securities class action lawsuits, including In re Tenet Healthcare Securities Litigation, which resulted in a settlement in favor of the plaintiffs of over $200 million.
- Represented foreign-country judgment creditors in actions for recognition and enforcement of judgment in California.